I have had a deep rooted passion
for video games ever since I was a child. Ever since I remember playing them, I
realised that I always wanted to understand the inner mechanics of the things
that I enjoy so that I can get a better understanding of what I appreciate
about them. I am interested in the subject because I have a passion for games
from playing them, so it’s only normal that I would want to understand the
inner mechanics of something that I enjoy so much. I enjoy the visual aspects
of media in general, and I like to think that I am quite an artistic person. I
feel like my experience with games will translate into the profession, as it’s
always helpful to have personal experience with something that you are making,
so you also know who you’re making it for. I am familiar with Photoshop, Maya
and I have a small amount of experience with Mudbox.
Currently, I am studying Games Design, which I
think would help as it gives me some understanding of the software that is used
within the industry. My hobbies include gaming, music, sports and art, and I
feel that some of these have a correlation to the career that I’m pursuing. Gaming
ties in as it gives me first-hand experience with the subject at hand and it’s
obviously the thing that originally had sparked my interest in wanting to
continue this as a career choice. My interest in the visual side of media helps
as during the creative process you have to understand how to break down why
certain decisions are made within the final product. I feel that you need to be
able to break down why something has been made in the way that it has in order
to make something that differentiates from it. Only by identifying a piece
within the final product can you get an understanding as to why it was put
there in the first place.
I spent
my work experience at a school for children with disabilities, and I’ve had a
previous job working at a carvery. In
the future, I’d like to do something that involves design within digital media,
either with graphics design or 3d modelling, and I’m hoping that my experience
with Photoshop, Maya and Mudbox could help me attain this goal. Also contemporary
art , For the majority of my life, I’ve
had a passion for drawing and design in general and I regularly practice it in
my spare time. I feel that it’s important to consistently hone your drawing
skills, as you can only get better with practice.
No comments:
Post a Comment